Data provided byCoinMarketCap.com
BitcoinBTC$76,825▼2.6%
EthereumETH$2,232▼1.7%
XRPXRP$1.25▲0.7%
SolanaSOL$95.71▼1.2%
ZcashZEC$1,240▼0.2%
ChainlinkLINK$11.35▲5.7%
CardanoADA$0.1943▲1.4%
StellarXLM$0.1688▲3.2%
AvalancheAVAX$8.47▲1.7%
HederaHBAR$0.0719▲3.5%
OndoONDO$0.4139▲7.8%
PolkadotDOT$0.9705▲5.2%
AlgorandALGO$0.0951▲1.3%
RenderRENDER$1.58▲1.3%
FilecoinFIL$0.8674▲4.6%
VeChainVET$0.0059▲1.9%
PlumePLUME$0.0153▲3.2%
HeliumHNT$0.3565▲0.1%
VeloVELO$0.0034▲0.0%
SushiSwapSUSHI$0.1937▲1.8%
CasperCSPR$0.0021▲3.9%
API3API3$0.2393▼1.0%
Small text, dark mode
Weekly Wrap Up

Hold the Levels, Play the Long Game

Hold the Levels, Play the Long Game

This week tested patience more than it changed the bigger picture. The midweek bounce gave way to Thursday's selling, and by Friday's recording crypto had largely settled back into familiar territory. I still see opportunities in the altcoins that have returned to meaningful support. I also see reasons to stay selective: oil remains strong, technology stocks are under pressure and HBAR is showing more weakness than most of our regular watchlist.

This wrap covers our October 19, 20, 22 and 23 sessions. Friday's review sets the latest view; the prices below are show-time observations and planning levels, not confirmed weekly closes.

Yields cooled while oil kept the pressure on

Dan's Tuesday discussion put the AI financing story at the center of the macro picture. His concern was the amount of debt being used to build computing capacity and whether future revenues can support it. He described money moving toward Treasuries as investors reassessed that risk. That is a different reason for yields to fall than an uncomplicated improvement in the inflation outlook.

At Tuesday's recording, the 10-year was around 5.10%, with 5.29% the important overhead line and 5.04% the nearer improvement area. By Thursday, it was around 4.95%. My technical map still allowed a deeper retracement toward 4.80% and 4.67%. Friday brought a small rebound, but the break below 5% remained welcome. The 30-year also cooled sharply; Friday's framework put roughly 5.40% in focus as a potential ceiling, with 5.17% below. Lower Treasury yields may eventually help borrowing costs, but that transmission is not immediate or one-for-one.

Oil was the counterweight, rising almost 4.5% during Friday's show. Middle East tensions continued to support the higher-low structure. Thursday's discussion centered on reports of a possible strike, explicitly treated as rumors rather than a confirmed event. I am watching how markets respond without turning those reports into facts. The dollar also remained structurally firm; Monday's longer-term technical areas were 104 and 106.

Looking ahead, Dan identified the October 28 Fed decision as the next major policy focus. At Tuesday's recording, he cited roughly 13%–15% odds of an October hike and explained why the market was leaning toward a pause. That was the expectation at that time, not the outcome of the meeting. December remained dependent on subsequent inflation and employment data.

Stocks and metals were not moving as one

The divergence between indices became more obvious. By Friday, the Dow was testing its 50-day average as support, while the S&P 500 and Nasdaq were struggling below theirs. Thursday's Nasdaq decline was roughly 3% during the show, with a rejection at the 50-day and a break beneath recent lows. The Russell 2000 still needed to prove it could build support around the 50-week.

Chip stocks offered better prices, but the retests still needed to hold. Intel's nearby support was around $86, with $70 and then $53–$55 the deeper areas I would find more compelling. AMD's Thursday map centered on $509 support, with $445 below if that failed and $558 as a possible recovery test. The deeper gaps around $359 and $265 were longer-term scenarios, not a claim that those prices must trade. Coinbase returned toward $160 by Friday; the show continued to favor accumulation below $175 within that range-based setup.

Gold moved toward the double-bottom test we had been discussing. Silver was weaker by Friday, with a possible spill toward $46 and much deeper value around $35. Neither a falling metal price nor a cheaper chip stock automatically confirms a reversal.

Bitcoin and Ethereum still have clear guardrails

Dan's Bitcoin map separated the time frames: $82,500 was the important monthly closing level, while a weekly break above roughly $87,000 would improve the route toward the low $90,000s. The monthly upside reference was $93,000, with $78,000 a weekly support area if consolidation deepened.

By Friday, Bitcoin was back around the low $81,000s during the review. My deeper area remained approximately $75,000 and the 50-week moving average. Thursday's selling did not, by itself, invalidate the broader structure or confirm that lower target. Dominance was still elevated near the week's roughly 60.7% ceiling. Stable Bitcoin accompanied by declining dominance would be a more helpful environment for altcoins, but that rotation still needed to happen.

Ethereum continued to test the $2,400 region and its 50-week average. The important downside condition from Thursday was full daily closes below $2,380. That would open $2,140, near the 200-day, followed by $1,950–$2,000. Solana's nearer support remained $97, with $82 the deeper imbalance discussed Monday. Those are conditional downside maps, not calls to assume support has already failed.

The altcoin retests I still like

XLM remained in its historical support pocket around $0.17. XRP was revisiting the 200-day and 200-week combination, with $1.15 still the deeper limit reference and accumulation below $1.50 discussed Friday. ONDO had already returned to approximately $0.41; the $0.40–$0.45 region remained the area of interest. These setups are much more useful to me than chasing the same assets after a large impulse higher.

VELO stayed on my accumulation list near the $0.004 region. By Friday, I wanted to see a stronger bounce through roughly $0.0043, while a direct 200-day test remained possible. Algorand's cup-and-handle interpretation was still intact, with $0.097–$0.10 the limit area and Monday's accumulation ceiling below $0.13. Cardano continued testing its 200-day; the week's framework allowed accumulation below $0.24 and a possible return to $0.20.

HNT remained an accumulation candidate below the previously discussed $0.57 ceiling, with $0.34 the deeper limit. Casper finally revisited the $0.002 breakout-backtest area by Thursday, and Friday's view was that the desired retest had arrived. Monday's accumulation framework was below $0.003. API3 retained its inverse head-and-shoulders setup, with $0.25 the limit and accumulation below $0.32 discussed earlier in the week.

Sushi maintained its rounded structure and the accumulation framework below $0.25; Monday's deeper limit was around $0.187. Plume was another position I added to during the week. Friday's review focused on the shelf near $0.016, with $0.015 still possible. The larger accumulation structure remained the reason for interest. A position using leverage still requires attention to margin structure; confidence in a chart does not remove liquidation risk.

HBAR weakened, and some charts still need a better price

HBAR is the clearest example of why the latest session matters. Monday's review liked the retest around $0.08 and accumulation below $0.10. By Thursday it had broken below recent lows, and Friday showed another move below the 200-day. That opened the possibility of $0.07–$0.073. Friday's candle still had hours left when recorded, so this was developing weakness, not a confirmed final daily close. It deserves more scrutiny than simply repeating Monday's enthusiasm.

Filecoin remained a patience trade: $0.85–$0.87 was the desired retest, with Friday emphasizing $0.85 and the 200-day. AVAX was approaching the zone we wanted, around $8.75 at the shallower end and $8.30 preferred. VeChain still offered a less compelling setup than several alternatives, with $0.005 the desired deeper level. Zcash remained too extended for the fresh entry I wanted; a pullback alone had not completed the required rebalancing.

Render's Thursday limit reference was about $1.63, with $1.67 a nearby downside area and the week's accumulation framework below $2. Chainlink's next downside area below $12 was $10.60, with roughly $9 a deeper possibility. Polkadot was comparatively resilient around its moving averages. Monday's map put $1.36 and $1.65 above, with $3.20 a larger recovery objective; accumulation below $1.30 and a limit around $1.05 were the approaches discussed. None of those upside levels should be treated as already earned.

Friday's requests: confirmation still matters

The member-request charts reinforced the same distinction between an interesting base and a confirmed move. CRV's constructive view depended on holding roughly $0.29–$0.30, with a break above $0.40 improving the picture. CVX had a useful W and trend-line break, while $2.40 remained possible downside. QNT still needed a better entry: $150 was the nearer retest, $120 more attractive, and $87 the major deeper imbalance.

For IO, a break above $0.20 was the technical trigger that could open the $0.50–$0.52 region. XCN had finally returned to its old breakout zone, although another test near $0.003 remained possible. Litecoin was largely rebalanced, with possible downside toward $50 and a nearer upside reference around $104. Its larger compression pattern was interesting, but the bigger market capitalization and long history of failed breaks mattered to the comparison.

FLOW and ROSE illustrated why technical upside is only part of the work. FLOW had not shown the same convincing confirmation as stronger setups. ROSE had a more encouraging rounded base, but losing $0.006 would damage it; reclaiming the recently rejected area just under $0.01 would improve the path toward the historical $0.02–$0.036 region. Fundamentals and tokenomics still need to support the technical thesis. A past high is not a promise of a return.

The plan for next week

I am watching whether yields can hold their improvement, whether oil keeps applying pressure and whether Bitcoin gives the altcoins room to recover. The opportunities I prefer are the ones that have already done the hard work of returning to support and building a recognizable structure. HBAR's deterioration is a reminder to keep updating that judgment.

Keep accumulation tied to a defined price range and to your existing position. A strong breakout can be a reason to turn the DCA off and wait for a new limit entry. Set alerts around the levels that matter, let daily candle bodies confirm the move and avoid allowing one green day or one frightening headline to rewrite the entire plan.

Go further with CryptoCharged

Get daily insights and member research with a free 14-day trial.

Start Your Free Trial